Are you looking to embrace the paradigm shift for a healthier planet?Do you want to learn how ro integrate the triple bottom line – people, planet, profit – into your core business, or design a new social enterprise based on environmental sustainability and social impact? Do you wish to form a part of a learning group to share experiences, progress and tackle this societal challenge together?
Join DESSIP-CoP: Our Community of Practice around Designing for Environmental Sustainability and Social Impact!
In partnership with + Acumen, the world’s school for social change, we are offering a certified course of 7 weeks, 3 hours per week for all those who wish to understand, communicate or incorporate environmental sustainability and social impact to their activities.
- You can design a social, fictitious or real company that responds to a local environmental challenge.
- Equip yourself with the mentality and methods necessary to address environmental sustainability and social impact, applicable to your organization and personal or professional projects.
- Develop and be part of a community of partners for a better learning experience, building lasting relationships with local change agents.
- Get access to meeting space and resources to develop your ideas beyond the course.
- If you are not yet a member of Impact Hub Caracas, you will have access to an international network of social entrepreneurs and a community of like-minded people, as well as possible mentors and support.
The cost of the program will be informed through the response email to our interest form. For all of those that are not members of our community, the cost will include a Hub 50 Membership Plan for the duration of the course.
The CoP is restricted to only 15 participants. The deadline for registration is October 7th.
The community of practice has two components: the online course and the face-to-face workshops. The online modules are followed autonomously in their own time, while the workshops facilitated in person will be held every Monday afternoon from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided.
The online course starts on Monday, October 15th.
Schedule of the face-to-face learning workshops:
October 14th – Global Home: Meet your peers and define your focus topic
October 21st – Module 1: The link between poverty and the environment.
October 28th – Module 2: Mapping of the socio-ecological system.
November 4th – Module 3: Circular Economy
November 11th – Module 4: Behavior change for environmental conservation.
November 18th – Module 5: Natural capital and business base for environmental conservation.
November 25th – Closing Session.
End of online course: November 26th
Note: Must domain the English language